Bunny the Bunny Crochet Pattern

 



I bought this white fur yarn a few years ago, but I never made anything with it. Fuzzy yarn can be challenging to work with. Every time I picked this yarn up, I ended up giving up. I found it a little easier to use a larger crochet hook and make the stitches lose. Working with fuzzy yarn is more of feeling than seeing. The best part is that mistakes are easier to hide with fuzzy yarn.



I wanted a challenge, so I got this yarn out and sat down to start working. A bunny was the first thing that I thought of when I looked at this yarn. A cute, fuzzy baby bunny. 


I gave the bunny to my 7-year-old, who loves it. He named it Bunny. So that's where the name came from.


Notes:

I used a bobble stitch in round 12 to make little bumps that look like little feet. Another option will be posted at the very bottom. If you decide to use the other option just sc around in each stitch for round 12.

Terms Used:

Mc: Magic Circle

Sc: Single Crochet

Inc: Increase

Dec: Decrease


Materials:

  • 4.25 mm hook
  • Fur or Fuzzy yarn (I used Yarn Bee Fur the Moment in Cream)
  • Toy stuffing
  • 12 mm safety eyes
  • A needle to sew in the ends


Pattern:

Body:

Round 1: Mc, ch 1, 5 sc (5 sc)
Round 2: 2 sc in each stitch (10 sc)
Round 3: [2 sc in the first, 1 sc in the next] repeat around (15 sc)
Round 4: [2 sc in the first, 1 sc in the next 2 stitchs] repeat around (20 sc)
Round 5-11: Sc in each stitch around (20 sc)
Round 12: 14 sc, bobble stitch in the next stitch, 4 sc, bobble stitch in the next stitch (18 sc, 2 bobble stitches) [This round is used to make the little feet at the front]
Round 13: [ sc2tog, 1 sc in the next 2] repeat around (15 sc)
Round 14: [sc2tog, 1 sc in the next stitch] repeat around (10 sc)
Round 15: sc2tog around (5 sc)

Finish off and weave in ends


Head:

Round 1: Mc, ch 1, 5 sc (5 sc)
Round 2: 2 sc in each stitch (10 sc)
Round 3: [2 sc in the first, 1 sc in the next] repeat around (15 sc)
Round 4-8: Sc in each stitch around (15) I placed the eyes at round 5 or 6
Round 9: [sc2tog, 1 sc in the next stitch] repeat around (10 sc)
Round 10: sc2tog around (5 sc)

Finish off leaving a long tail to sew to the body



Tail:

Round 1: Mc, ch 1, 5 sc (5 sc)
Round 2: 2 sc in each stitch (10 sc)
Round 3: 2 sc in each stitch (10 sc)
Round 3-5: Sc in each stitch around (10 sc)

Finish off leaving a long tail to sew to the body 


Ears (make 2):

Round 1: Mc, ch 1, 5 sc (5 sc)
Round 2-5: Sc in each stitch around (5 sc)

Finish off leaving a long tail to sew to the body


An alternate option for the little feet (make 2):

Round 1: Mc, ch 1, 5 sc (5 sc)
Round 2: Sc in each stitch around (5 sc)

Just 2 or three rounds should be a good size for the little feet.

Finish off leaving a long tail to sew to the body




I just kind of eyed it for where to put the head, ears, and tail it was kind of hard to tell what round I attached them at.


Now you should have a cute little bunny.







I tried to make this pattern easy and simple. I tried to write it up so it's easy to follow. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I'll help as best as I can.

You can find me on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/kaylascraftyplace/

Or my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Kaylascraftyplace

You are free to do whatever you'd like with the items you make from the pattern, but please don't take credit for it...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Tooth Fairy Pillow Pattern